The second Pelski Podcast arrives from famed party-starter Sleazy McQueen aka Laurin McQueen Fedora. The prolific producer and DJ runs the celebrated Whiskey Disco imprint, a cheeky re-edits label renowned for releasing smoking-hot house and disco gems from the likes of Eddie C, Social Disco Club, Cole Medina, Rayko, Dead Rose Music Company, Ooft! – and of course Sleazy himself.
The Floridian’s own floor-burning heaters are a gleeful mishmash of funk and house, like a wriggling, 4X4 bastard child of Prince. And over the last seven years, McQueen’s brand of bumping, sexed-up dub-disco has earnt him a name amongst clued-up selectors.
This podcast was recorded live at an LA warehouse party and, in inimitable Sleazy style, it’s a no-holds-barred selection of hedonistic, hip-shaking bombs.
1. Fernando – Decadance
2. Last mood – Sequence in time
3. Alien Alien – The Night
4. Sound Stream – Julie’s Theme
5. Boney M – Ma Baker (SMQ Edit)
6. Alkalino – Own Thang (out now on Whiskey Disco)
7. Marius – Disco Magnifique (Pete Herbert Version)
8. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Your Love (Waze & Odyssey Remix)
9. Sleazy McQueen – I’m Tired (Pete Herbert remix)
10. Larse – Tonight
11. Lou Lou Players – Hum Hum
12. Volta Cab – I Feel Good In My Skin (Severino & Ray Mang Remix) (forthcoming on Lost Paradise #3)
13. Beard In Dust – Revolution In Morder (forthcoming on Whiskey Disco #18)
14. Paul Parker – Right On Target