Our sixth instalment arrives by way of one of our favourite DJs: Ooft! Anyone who likes their house with a sprinkling of disco will be familiar with the Glaswegian’s exceptional pitched-down tracks on the likes of Instruments of Rapture, Delusions of Grandeur, Rememory, Dikso and Wolf Music.
Ali ‘Ooft!’ Herron initially cut his chops as an edit maestro alongside his pal The Revenge (Ooft! was initally the name for their DJ duo), before moving onto original productions under his solo guise. Some years later, he started his own imprint FOTO Recordings – home to a slew of deep, Detroit-indebted gems and slo-mo disco numbers.
As a DJ Ooft! is second to none, a true crate-digger with an ear for unearthing forgotten soul, funk and house. His Pelski Podcast focuses on the housier side of things, full of light-footed percussion and locked, bumpy grooves. Look out for an unreleased track nestled in there by Prophets Of The South, Ali’s new project with Esa Williams.
1. The Revenge – Wreck My Love
2. OOFT! – Jareth’s Revenge
3. Jee Day – Sum Of Love
4. Fantastic Man – Groove With You
5. Suzanne Kraft – Maybe Snakes (Permanent Vacation Remix)
6. Prophets Of The South – Shiboba
7. South West Seven – If You Want (Club Silencio Remix)
8. Cle – The Jam
9. Darius Valkas – Early (OOFT! Remix)
10. Nubian Mindz – Let Me Up
11. Reggie Dokes – Once Again (Morning Factory Edit)
12. Room 303 – You Don’t Know Me (Tuff City Kids Main Mix)
13. Foremost Poets – Reasons To Be Dismal? (Motorcitysoul Remix)