The inaugural Pelski Podcast comes from none other than Slow Hands, the NYC-based producer who’s made a name for himself with his sunny, feel-good house tracks. There’s an irresistible charm to Soul Hands’ productions, warm, sweet and instantly groovy. Most refreshing of all is his ability to meld house with a certain heart-warming aesthetic; informed as much by jazz and guitar music as by 4/4 electronics, Ryan is unafraid to dabble in sweet melodies or sing-song vocals.
Slow Hands first rose to prominence as part of the trend-setting Wolf + Lamb troupe (dropping ‘Fast Tongue’ via the Significant Others EP) and has since released on Let’s Play House, Double Standard, Future Classic and 2020 Vision. In 2011 he produced one of the year’s stand-outs with the fantastic Formal EP on More Or Less Records, all chunky pianos and sprightly, warped funk.
Slow Hands has cemented himself as a proficient and prolific remixer too – almost every outdoor party in 2012 saw at least one spin of Ryan’s irresistibly sunny rework of Runaway’s ‘Indoor Pool’. He even put out a highly sought-after cover of Sade’s ‘Sweetest Taboo’ on vinyl-only Double Standards.
True to form, Slow Hands offers up a colourful, insistently groovy mix, taking us from slo-mo house to discofied acid to bouncing pianos:
1. Pachanga Boys – Legs
2. Headman – Voices (Hannulelauri Dub)
3. Marvin & Guy – Sunday
4. John Talabot & Pional – Braves
5. Renaissance Man – Trance Central (Joakim Remix)
6. Tyson – Mr. Rain (Mano Le Tough Remix)
7. Woolfy & Projections – In Your Own Words
8. Rhythm Operator – Back In The Days (Monitor 66 Remix)
9. Michoacan – Back Breakin’
10. Casbah73 – I’m Feeling Lucky! Feat. Andy Docherty
11. The 2 Bears – Be Strong (Ratcliffe Lil Whistle Remix)
12. Simian Mobile Disco – Cerulean
13. The 2 Bears – Church